College Credit from John Brown University
Courses & Course Descriptions
- COR 1002 Gateway: Worldviews Gives the Link Year students the same introduction to Christian higher education as our on-campus students, and to use a study of worldviews as the topic.
- COR 1012 Wellness The physical domain is one that will be emphasized, including the philosophy of God’s view of our wellness, and wellness experiences for a lifetime.
- IDS 1101 Career Planning Another emphasis will be the vocational domain, so guiding students though a variety of personality assessments to go along with the practical experiences they will have and job hunting skills is a good fit. This will also help guide students as they consider majors for college.
- CMN 1213 Christian Leadership and Service Part of the vocational and spiritual domains of the curriculum, this class will help students grasp the Kingdom nature of their interaction with culture.
- COM 2083 Masterpieces of Film Culture is another domain for the Link Year curriculum. Including this class seems like a natural fit to help the students learn to watch and evaluate movies through a Christian world view.
- ICS 2993 Study Abroad Experience Each of these programs will have a trip abroad to help students consider the idea of “Meta Narrative” and God as the center of the story. Taught as part of the cross-cultural trip experience. Extra fee involved.